- Renewals: All items borrowed can be renewed twice (2) unless they have been reserved by another patron. The renewals can be made in person or by telephone.
- Lost Library Card: Replacement cards are available for a fee of $2.00.
- Interlibrary Loan: The interlibrary loans service allows patrons to request items from another public library. Renewing the loan must occur within a minimum of five (5) days from the item’s return date.
- Renewal for Interlibrary Loan: members who require an extension of time for a book borrowed from another library must submit their request at least 5 days before the due date.
- Damaged or Lost Items: The patron is responsible for all borrowed items and will be assessed a replacement charge if an item is lost or damaged .
- Overdue Fines: An overdue fine is charged for any item that is not returned by the due date. Past due items are subject to a fine of $0.25 per day per item for a maximum of $5.00 per item. Patrons, who owe $25.00 or more in overdue fines or billed notices, will be prevented from accessing some of the Library’s services.
- Privacy Information: The Kapuskasing Public Library has a policy and procedures in place to ensure that the members’ personal information is protected. The Library is governed by the Ontario Municipal Freedom and Information and Protection Act.